Welcome to Birth In Pieces!
This a day-long workshop that includes the showing of Birth in Pieces, a documentary film made about birth in the US. El Jardín Birth and Family began the Birth in Pieces project in 2015. A labor of love, this project spanned multiple years and took various twists and turns as we interviewed more and more women. Patterns emerged. We realized that these individual narratives, together, painted a picture of modern birth culture. What's wrong with birth in the USA? It's time to ask mothers. The film is the outcome of their work interviewing mothers and their partners talking about their experiences with birth.
January 15, 2022 will start with the showing of the film, and then we will offer a series of presentations with the intention to bring awareness to birth trauma and how to heal it. This is our first series of several planned in 2022. We need to have ways to prevent and heal birth trauma. This is a vital time of life that can set a human being on a trajectory for health or for neurodevelopmental challenges as a baby, child, and adult. We are interested in supporting families so heal to they can thrive. Prenatal and Perinatal Healing Online is pairing with Kathleen Kendall-Tackett to support several series that feature professionals and their ways to support healing with birthing families and birth professionals. Birth in Pieces is our first series. It will feature:
- 9:00 am The viewing of Birth in Pieces followed by a discussion with Kathleen Kendall-Tackett and Kate White about birth trauma.
- 11:00 am Kathleen Kendall-Tacket: Birth Trauma: Causes and Consequences of Birth-Related PTSD
- 12:30 pm Kate White: "I Had A Baby:" A Three-Fold Path to Heal Birth Trauma
- 2:30 pm Kimberly Ann Johnson: Call of the Wild: Healing Birth through a Real World Understanding of the Nervous System
- 3:45 pm Molly Caro May: The Reparative Possibility in a Birth Story
All times are Eastern time, and the presentations are held live in zoom. The recordings will be uploaded into the online classroom and you will have lifelong access to them.
We are so grateful that you have joined our event. See you on Saturday, January 15, 2022.