Intergrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics Module 2
All online modules in Integrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics are part of a hybrid online/in-person course that integrated trauma resolution and midwifery module of care. For more information see, ppncenter.com
The themes for Module 2 in Integrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics focus on the prenatal period. Over arching themes include:
- The Principle of Choice
- How We Come Into Relationship
- The Embryo and Early Development
- The Placenta and What Nourishes?
- Home and Connection
- The Impact of Stress on Pregnancy
- Understanding the Umbilical Cord
- Variations on the Uterus and Placenta
- The Baby's Experience In Utero, including Constraint
- The Imprints from the Prenatal Period
We will traverse the territory of prenatal experience from the baby's experience, and also support the parents to practice prentatal bonding. Integrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics practitioners will understand the world of the vulnerable prenate, how to support parents, and the midwife's perspective on the prenatal period.
Our skills will always return to understanding the map of the autonomic nervous system, working with resourcing, imparting skills of being, relationship, listening, recognition and conversation. Our clinical skills include:
- PPN Principles, especially the principle of Choice
- Autonomic Nervous System states around coming into relationship, building and making a home, putting down roots, our relationship with receiving, especially what nourishes.
- Interpersonal neurobiology
- Recognizing intrauterine constraint
- Broadening and deepening states as tools for stabilization and transformation
- Table work, working with umbilical affect and touching the belly
- Table work, working with pregnant mothers with intrauterine constraint
Kate White is an award-winning craniosacral and massage therapist, prenatal and early childhood educator. She is trained in somatic therapies, prenatal and perinatal health, lactation, brain development, infant mental health, and has specialized in mother-baby dyad care using somatic prevention and trauma healing approaches for nearly 20 years. She is a mother of two children, holds a BA and MA in Communication, is a Registered Craniosacral Therapist in the Biodynamic Craniosacral method and a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner. Her work combines somatic therapy with brain development to help give families with babies and small children the best possible start. She is Founder and former Director of Education for the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health from 2013 – 2019 where she created the world renown Prenatal and Perinatal Educator Certificate program, a large online educational program for professionals. She teaches classes online and in person around the world and offers a training called Integrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics. She has a private practice in Charlottesville, VA called Belvedere Integrated Healing Arts (belvederearts.com) and offers her own seminars through the Center for Prenatal and Perinatal Programs, ppncenter.com