Welcome and What You Can Expect
Welcome to The Leading Edge!
This online series will explore the Leading Edge, the space where your natural responses to threat and stress are evoked and you are also aware that you are present and not necessarily in danger. We respond to our histories and the conditions that evoke them. The Leading Edge is a practice and an understanding of how to notice your state, name it, be with it or shift it. Anna Chitty, Biodynamic Craniosacral and Polarity Instructor has said, "a lot of good work can be done in the Leading Edge." It is a place where you can sit with your deepest patterns and either shift them or transform them. Sitting in the Leading Edge can lead to profound shifts and access to our essential nature, often states of deep compassion, forgiveness and gratitude. You can also gain the skills you need to shift into a corrective or palliative state so that you don't act on your historical fears. Sometimes, we are actually wrestling with historical ghosts or life echoes from personal or collective trauma rather than seeing the conditions in the present for what they truly are. As a participant, you will:
- Learn ways to identify states that are conditioned responses
- Identify the Leading Edge within the window of presence
- Gain skills in creating positive states based positive experiences that represent a human blueprint
- Evoke a state of presence and coherency in yourself and others
- Practice in community with other like-minded people
- Discuss and unpack application in practice sessions
We are a community of practitioners, a label that can fit no matter who you are. We are all practicing to be human, doing our functional best, and seeking ways to heal the story that wants to be heard, felt, seen and understood. Social neuroscientist Mark Brady, PhD calls this the Integration Imperative. Conditions in our lives call us to heal our painful places.
What You Can Expect
- You should have enrolled automatically in our online school:
- Powerpoint handouts and supportive materials are already up. I will be checking them before our gatherings to go over them
- Calls are all completed on Zoom. If you do not have this excellent internet webinar software you can download it at zoom.us.
- The meeting link will be posted in the next section for you before the class is to start.
- Calls will last 2 hours.
- Groups will be no more than 20 people, and will call in from all around the world.
- Practice sessions will have group and dyad work, so you will be put together in breakouts.
Dates and Times:
Tuesdays 7:00 - 9:00
July 12, 19, 26
August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
See you soon.