All classes are 2 hours long
July 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 2022
7:00 - 9:00 pm Eastern time
Handouts, Demonstrations, additional Class Materials Included
Come. Study. Learn. Heal.
- Do you want a learning community where you can interact with others, learn about safety and engage in personal growth?
- We are offering a chance for you to engage in your nervous system's responses, understand your own personal map of your body's response, and resonate with others in positive states.
- You will also learn skills to help others navigate their stressful lives
- 8 classes, 2 hours each, information and practice (Total, 16 hours of practice, handouts, skills videos and more)
This class series introduces the Leading Edge principles and the basic building blocks for Creating Safety, the way our nervous system quests for safety and our natural responses to threat and stress.
What is a "Leading Edge"? Simply put, the "leading edge" is a term coined by Ray Castellino that means a primary therapeutic window for healing and repatterning imprints that are overwhelming, and running unconsciously in our lives. While working in our leading edge, we can bridge and integrate the energy that has been frozen or encapsulated in our bodies with the skills of presence, conscious awareness and the bodily, felt sense. You can learn to recognize your leading edge, and gain skills and practice to change the pattern! You can choose a new way. Come learn!
A professional study group for practitioners of all kinds:
- birth workers
- meditation practitioners
- yoga instructors
- medical providers
- movement therapists
- anyone, really!
What will you learn? Healing wants to happen, always. We are a community of practice. The Leading Edge offers the latest information from the frontier of healing arts where vanguard practitioners and educators blend trauma resolution, consciousness studies, neuroscience and somatic or body-oriented practices. As a participant in this study group you will learn:
- 5 foundational practitioner skills
- working with blueprint and imprint
- polyvagal nervous system practices
- Reclaiming our natural instincts
- the body as a portal
- 5 point sequence and how to apply it
- how we can remember birth
- working with the face
- recognizing the baby's experience
- coherency, potency, and skills of connection
- the latest neuroscience, adverse experiences study
- trauma-informed practices
- resiliency, post-traumatic growth and presence
- listening skills
- Right listening
- Noble listening
- Fierce listening
Format: 8 two-hour classes for 2 months
- Each class will offer information and exercises for you to learn the process of working with your Leading Edge, step by step.
- Includes learning about earliest trauma and an approach to awareness and healing of the patterns that happen during the preverbal period: Preconception through 2 years of age.
"I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful experience with the Leading Edge seminar. I’m out of words to describe all the well-being this experience brings to my soul and whole being. It is truly a moment of grace for me." Feedback from a participant, Nancy A. in Canada. Thank you Nancy!
Kate White is an award-winning educator and an advanced bodyworker. She is trained in somatic therapies, prenatal and perinatal health, lactation, brain development, infant mental health, and has specialized in mother-baby dyad care using somatic prevention and trauma healing approaches for nearly 20 years. She is a mother of two children, holds a BA and MA in Communication, is a Registered Craniosacral Therapist in the Biodynamic Craniosacral method and a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner. Her work combines somatic therapy with brain development to help give families with babies and small children the best possible start. She is Founder and former Director of Education for the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health from 2013 – 2019 where she created the world renown Prenatal and Perinatal Educator Certificate program, a large online educational program for professionals. She teaches classes online and in person, and offers a training called Integrated Prenatal and Perinatal Dynamics. She has a private practice in Charlottesville, VA called Belvedere Integrated Healing Arts (belvederearts.com) and offers her own seminars through the Center for Prenatal and Perinatal Programs, ppncenter.com