Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power and Use It for Good
A 90 minute workshop with Kimberly Ann Johnson
April 5, 2021
Noon Pacific, 1 pm Mountain, 2 pm Central, 3 pm Eastern, 8 pm UK time
90 minute workshop with Kimberly Ann Johnson
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How and why women heal differently from trauma than men do
- An addition to how we learned the social nervous system + polyvagal theory
- Breathing exercises to help complete cycles, that influence both arousal and stress
- How native connective tissue density impacts our nervous system responses
- How power, based on gender and race, maps onto the ANS cascade, and what we can do to address power imbalances within the therapeutic relationship- a type of orientation
Join special guest Kimberly Ann Johnson for a conversation about women's sexuality, power, and the nervous system including embodied integration, astrologically relevant breathwork, and sounds. You will receive a copy of her new book, Call of the Wild (for US audiences), with a live teaching from the author herself.
In the thrusts of a global pandemic, we are in a collective cycle of trauma. Women heal differently from trauma than men do yet current trauma work is dominated by men. From fitness methods and yoga, to dietary advice, to the field of medicine, the original standards have been formed by men to apply to male bodies. This has led to an epidemic of autoimmune disease, anxiety, depression, and postpartum depression among women.
The solution: Women need to activate a healthy fight response in direct contradiction to what women have been typically told to do. In spite of everything out there that talks about down-regulating and soothing your nervous system: relax, lengthen your exhale, try CBD or have a cocktail. Women need to do the exact opposite, says Kimberly.
CALL OF THE WILD empowers women to:
- Renegotiate old freeze responses and access healthy aggression and meet challenges head on
- Mobilize their energy from the inside out
- Establish a sense of internal safety and security in an out-of-control world
- Create the sex & relationships they want, not just the ones they're offered
“Kimberly is a conduit for deep repair. She changed the course of my healing trajectory through her guidance. Her humanizing approach to trauma makes space for you to gently unpack your wounds and then apply life-changing tools at the dosage that feels right for you. She's brilliant and so is this book.”
-- Erica Chidi, Co-founder & CEO of LOOM
“Kimberly Ann Johnson’s clear and inviting guide boldly points us toward the evolution of the field of somatics. Not only does she help each one of us recover from trauma but also to engage our vitality and awaken our sensual aliveness. This wise and accessible extension of Somatic Experiencing (SE) will no doubt shift popular understandings of psychology and trauma to include our bodies, nervous systems, and fundamental life force.” -
- Dr. Peter A. Levine, PhD, Founder of Somatic Experiencing and author of Waking the Tiger, In an Unspoken Voice, and Trauma and Memory
"Kimberly Ann Johnson creates real clarity around the difficult concepts of attachment, boundaries, trauma, and sex. An attuned guide, she makes sense of entanglements, reassuring our nervous systems that we have the tools we need to cut through confusion. Call of the Wild helps us repair and head home with a better understanding of how to be human."
-- Dr. Stan Tatkin, Wired for Love and We Do
Working hands-on with integrative women's health and trauma recovery for more than a decade, Kimberly is a sought-after somatic practitioner, trauma educator, and doula, whose work has been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, Vogue, New York Magazine's The Cut, Harper's Bazaar, Today.com and many more. Her hit debut book The Fourth Trimester: Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality, which has been published in seven languages, helped spark a global postpartum revolution, changing the conversation around how women heal after childbirth.
See more about Kimberly at: www.kimberlyannjohnson.com
Frequently Asked Questions
We are so glad you enrolled in Call of the Wild with Kimberly Ann Johnson. Your enrollment includes a copy of her book.